Sunday, October 9, 2011

When it rains it pours ...

I decided to get a few photos this morning and decided to go to Pemaquid Point Lighthouse to catch the sunrise and golden hour ... Well I blew the entire spectacular sunrise as I was too late by about 1/2 hour Dang it!! But I did get a little golden sun and might even go back in the morning for another try. The cool thing about it is that I lucked into the Damariscotta Pumpkinfest & Regatta. What is that you ask? It is a festival to celebrate BIG pumpkins. The big one this year was 1375 pounds. These pumpkins are big enough to put an outboard boat motor on and use it as a boat!!! hence the Regatta. Pictures speak louder than words



As I drove through Damariscotta I knew I would be back to get some shots of these!!







I got to the ocean too late but did manage a few















The Regatta being launched














The pumpkins decorating the town





























































































































And Last but not least the Big One






I hope you liked them!

2 comments:

  1. Ironically I like the Chef Pumpkin out of the pumpkins. Obviously I like things simple because some of those others were very creative. The lighthouse shots were nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Giorgio

    If you look close there is a lot going on with that Chef pumpkin ... right down to the feet! LOL

    I am going to try the lighthouse again, maybe I can get there in time :-D

    Thanks again

    ReplyDelete