Thursday, August 25, 2011

Rockland to Vinalhaven ferry trip

This trip out to Vinalhaven was later than I usually leave and earlier back so photo ops were limited but there is always something to shoot! Here are a few as my upload space is getting thin for this month. It was a beautiful day that made for a smooth trip out and back. There were some sun showers on the way back but not bad and they created a giant rainbow so even that was pretty cool.  I had the D5000 and the 70-300mm VR and I was happy to have the reach ... but I always want more! I took tons of shots and may in the future edit this post with some others.

This was the only one I did not cull out from the morning ride.











This was in the harbor before we left. Folks were stacking up with the days catch ...








The next few shots are shots of the wind turbines.






















And a few ships on the way back. This guy was really catching some wind.






This one looks like its cost a few bucks ...






Catching some sun





And last but not least, the rainbow

No comments:

Post a Comment