Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Topsham Fair

The Topsham fair is a local agricultural fair.

This is 157th year. It is an entire week with all sorts of activities. Here is a link to their home page. http://www.topshamfair.net/homepage.html
On the home page you will find pdf’s of the events … it can be amusing to read.

These shots are all snapshots. I put the 18-55mm VR kit lens on my D5000 and threw the camera into full auto. I am always amazed at the D5000 ‘s ability to think on its own and it gets it right quite often. I just did not want to think about it. Anyway here are a few shots. If I have not said so before all of my images are edited and if I post one that is not I will most likely be using it as an example. Speaking of examples I am going to start another post about the virtues of RAW files. The jpg engine on the D5000 is pretty good but it does not always get it right. I shoot jpg + RAW so I have some easy files to work with and view but when I want to get more out of an image I now always convert the RAW image.

 Here are a few images












































I had another edit session and thought I would add a few more. I found these on the second serious look at all the images.


























I was not going to post kids... but I grin each time I see this one so I added it




















 
I am already looking forward to next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment